2020 Mint 400 Spectator Parking Rules and Regulations
WELCOME TO THE GREAT AMERICAN OFF-ROAD RACE!!!
Prior to purchasing a Mint 400 Spectator Parking Pass, please take a moment to review our Rules and Regulations. These guidelines will help keep us all safe during the race and protect the desert ecosystem for generations to come.
- Parking and spectating at The Mint 400 is at your own risk. We do not accept claims of damage or theft to vehicles or personal property. Please do not leave valuable items in your vehicle, and keep it locked at all times. Please do not leave children unattended.
- Parking passes are refundable up to February 28th at midnight PST. Please contact us at: [email protected] to request a refund and allow 4-6 business days for the refund to take effect.
- Parking passes allow entry into the four Jean Spectator Parking areas from 5am to 9pm on Friday, March 6th and Saturday, March 7th. There is no overnight camping.
- Please do not arrive to the entrance of the spectator areas prior to 5am. Las Vegas Metro will issue citations for cars parked on Las Vegas Blvd. There is temporary parking at the Gold Strike Casino.
- Please have your parking pass applied to the OUTSIDE UPPER RIGHT CORNER (passenger side) of your windshield prior to arriving to The Mint 400. If you have tint on your windshield, please put the sticker below the tint line so it is visible from the exterior of the car.
- Please do not attempt to remove or reposition this sticker. Stickers that appear to be tampered with will result in removal from the event.
- Please do not attempt to park in other spectator parking areas or on any of the dirt access road or you will be stopped and may be cited or removed from the event.
- The posted speed limit for the entire area is 25 miles per hour. There are BLM and Las Vegas Metro police on site monitoring traffic speeds. Each year dozens of folks are ticketed – it’s not worth it. Slow it down.
- Once you enter the parking area please follow directions from the parking attendants. Do not go rogue. There are no saved spots at The Mint 400, so please enter the parking areas in groups if you wish to spectate together.
- Space is limited so please help us by parking within a normal parking space area.
- EZ ups and shade structures are allowed at the Mint, however please be courteous to your neighbors. Erecting large structures that block the view of those around you is not permitted.
- You are welcome to consume alcohol at the Mint while spectating however please remember that all local, state and federal laws regarding alcohol consumption do apply at the event. We do not tolerate drunk or disorderly conduct. Las Vegas Metro are on standby.
- Smoking/vaping marijuana at the Mint 400 – which is a public event – is strictly forbidden per Nevada state law.
- Fireworks, guns or weapons of any kind are strictly prohibited.
- Drones, RC cars, UTV’s, motorcycles, or quads are strictly prohibited.
- NEVER under any circumstances should you leave the fenced area and enter the race course. We have trained medical and rescue personnel on site. It may seem like you could help the competitors but please do not do it. If you see an accident notify Mint 400 staff in your area and they will radio for help.
- Loud stereo playback from your car is not allowed at the Mint. Please keep your music at a moderate level so you are not disturbing those around you.
- PLEASE help us keep costs low and do not put anything in the porto potties – they are not trash cans!
- Help us keep the Mint running by picking up your trash. Trash is the number one challenge we have at the Mint and we need your help. Please pack OUT what you bring IN. Don’t trash the desert!
- Please leave your pets at home. We love dogs, cats, monkeys and lizards – but an off-road race is too loud and too hectic for most animals.
- RV’s, motorhomes, trailers of any kind, and toy haulers are not allowed at the Mint. Large trucks with camper shells are welcome. Again please be mindful of how you park so you’re not block the view of your neighbors.
- If you have an issue you need help with look for our Mint 400 Rangers! Rangers have direct access to police, and medical staff. They can help you with lockouts, flat tires, lost friends, etc…
These rules and regulations are subject to change without further notification.