Want to fly a helicopter at the Mint?
You’re in the right spot!
Beginning in 2019 ALL pilots wishing to fly helicopters at The Mint 400 must use our new online registration process. You do NOT need to fill out a Best in the Desert form and mail or fax it to them any longer.
Helicopter pilots must provide proof of commercial liability helicopter insurance naming “The Mint 400 Race Corp, Inc 29755 Kirsten LN, Vista CA 92084”, as additional insured, with no less than one million dollars per occurrence and two million dollars aggregate limits. Insurance certificates must be issued from an admitted carrier in the United States approved by the FAA, and specify that they provide coverage for commercial operations.
Click here to register your helicopter.
There is a mandatory helicopter pilots safety meeting on Friday, March 8th at 3pm in front of The Mint 400 Main Stage on Fremont Street between 9th and 10th St. The meeting is NOT at the Golden Nugget this year. This meeting is mandatory. Google “Atomic Liquor” and our stage is directly across the street.
- Remember – there is absolutely no hot fueling at the Jean Airport under any circumstances.
- Do not land your aircraft in the desert unless it is an absolute emergency.
- Please respect the effort of the Mad Media A-Star Television Crew and when possible defer to them when in your airspace.
- The Mint 400 reserves the right ground any pilot who creates an unsafe environment during the race. Operating in the Mint 400 air space is a courtesy not a right.
- Drones are prohibited at The Mint 400 except by Mad Media FAA licensed operators with spotters.