Want to fly a helicopter at The Mint 400?
You’re in the right spot!
All pilots wishing to fly helicopters at The Mint 400 must use our new online registration process. Please read through our Helicopter Rules & Regulations prior to registering your helicopter.
Reminder – Helicopter pilots must provide proof of commercial liability helicopter insurance naming “The Mint 400 Race Corp, Inc 29755 Kirsten LN, Vista CA 92084”, as additional insured, with no less than one million dollars per occurrence and two million dollars aggregate limits. Insurance certificates must be issued from an admitted carrier in the United States approved by the FAA, and specify that they provide coverage for commercial operations.
Click here register your helicopter.
There is a mandatory helicopter pilots safety meeting:
Date: Thursday, March 5th
- Remember – There is absolutely no hot fueling at the Jean Airport under any circumstances.
- Do not land your aircraft in the desert unless it is an absolute emergency.
- Please respect the effort of The Mint 400 A-Star Television Crew and when possible defer to them when in your airspace.
- The Mint 400 reserves the right ground any pilot who creates an unsafe environment during the race. Operating in the Mint 400 air space is a courtesy not a right.
- Drones are prohibited at The Mint 400 except by Mad Media FAA licensed operators with spotters.